Oops! Britney Spears Reveals She Accidentally Burned Down Her Home Gym With Candles




Britney Spears – who often graces her more than 24 million Instagram fans with at-home workout videos – revealed this week why none of these workout videos have been filmed in Spears’ home gym for nearly half a year.

On Wednesday, the Grammy Award winner took to Instagram with a truly bizarre video in which she admits to inadvertently burning down part of her home gym six months ago with candles she had been using for decor.

“It was an accident,” Spears wrote in the accompanying emoji-laden caption. “But yes …. I burnt it down. I walked past the door to the gym and flames BOOM !!!!!!”



“By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt,” the post continues, with an emoji of praying hands. “Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym !!!!! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways.”

“Hi guys, I’m in my gym right now. I haven’t been in here for like six months because I burned my gym down, unfortunately,” she said in a video message. “I had two candles and, yeah, one thing led to another, and I burned it down.”

Spears still made use of the space she has, showing off some light weightlifting, squats, lunges and yoga outside on her patio.

E Online reported in 2002 that Spears nearly burned down an apartment building in New York City when she left a candle burning in an apartment while she went out with a friend.

“Brit had left a candle burning in front of an air vent,” Britney’s mother Lynne reportedly said at the time. “The wall caught on fire, and the fire department had to come to put it out.”