The last victim who remained hospitalized after being wounded in the Pulse nightclub shooting on June 12 has been released, according to Orlando Health.
Orlando Health announced the news in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon: “As of today, Orlando Regional Medical Center reports that all 35 Pulse victims who were patients at ORMC have been discharged.
As of today, Orlando Regional Medical Center reports that all 35 Pulse victims who were patients at ORMC have been discharged. (1/3)
— Orlando Health (@orlandohealth) September 6, 2016
“Our hearts and prayers are with the Pulse nightclub victims and their families as we continue to stand in support of our community,” Orlando Health added.
The patient, who was not identified by the hospital, remained in critical condition from June 12 until August 17, when the patient was upgraded to guarded condition.
Since the June 12 shooting, surgeons have performed 76 operations on the victims, hospital officials said.
The massacre at the nightclub killed 49 people and injured 53 others.
The Orlando Sentinel adds:
But the patients pulled through.
During an interview last month, when only one patient remained in critical condition, Cheatham was much more optimistic.
“I think if you don’t believe in miracles, if you don’t believe in God, then you haven’t learned about the Pulse event, because clearly, there have been miracles here,” he said. “And we just hope that there will be one more miracle. And that [the patient] will be able to get out of the hospital.”
Of the 44 shooting victims who were taken to ORMC on the morning of the Pulse shooting, nine died shortly after arrival. By Sept. 6, all 35 survivors were discharged.