With the start of the 22nd cycle of America’s Next Top Model, we were introduced to a dreamboat of a contestant: Nyle DiMarco. The 26-year-old Queens native immediately captured our hearts, with his piercing blue eyes and smile that make us go weak in the knees.
He first made waves across the Internet when he was brought on as the first deaf contestant on the competition reality show, and then again when denizens from the Web wondered aloud: “Hey Nyle, which way do you swing?” To which DiMarco replied, simply, “Fluid.” Not that we needed any further persuasion, but the moment that happened, we were permanently hooked. How do we love him? Let us count the ways.
1. From the moment he introduced himself, there were sparks were flying.
2. And then he went ahead and did this, and we just about collapsed.
3. He asks all the hard-hitting questions, to which responded, “You tell us, boo. You tell us.”
4. He can fist bump like the best of the bros.
5. But he’s still fierce…and he knows it. (And we like that.)
6. He loves a leisurely night lounging in the pool.
7. And he would love for nothing more than for you to join him.
8. He’s sporty!
9. He’s got the whole smize thing down, no questions asked.
11. He looks great in suspenders…
12. …and in the shower. (Give us a moment, please.)
13. When he gave us this look, we stopped dead in our tracks, mesmerized.
14. And when he slowly started to back away, we whispered, “Come back!”
15. He even looks stunning rocking a hashtag! (Seriously, who else could pull this look off?)
16. Then he went ahead and struck this pose, teasing us with that subtle lip bite. And everyone cheered him on, as they should.
17. High fives were shared.
18. Just look at that dark and brooding stare as he casually runs his hand through his hair.
19. When he stepped out into the hall in these blue briefs, we got down on our knees…to propose.
20. He’s confident, and we love it, because it never comes across as cocky.
21. He’s in it to win it.
You know what, Nyle, we think you’ll win it, too. Our new boo is still in the running toward becoming America’s Next Top Model, and we’re rooting for him all the way.
Keep up the great work, Nyle!